Banff Session 2022
Since 1956 the Alberta Association of Architects (AAA) has hosted a conference that brings speakers from around the globe to share ideas, innovation and ingenuity.
Taking place in the remote mountain town of Banff, AB, Banff Session 2022 will explore ADAPTATION.
How can we harness the power of design to reimagine the built environment and solve problems in an ever-changing world?
- The ways cities and designers can adapt to climate change
- How to be adaptive in order to create sustainable buildings
- Adaptive re-use of existing, under utilized spaces
- Adaptation of homes and offices in a post-COVID-19 world
- Adapt design thinking to incorporate indigenous modalities
- How to be adaptive with new and prospective building and energy codes
- Designing and creating buildings that adapt to their environments and their inhabitants
- Adapting our practices to new and emerging technologies